Thursday, May 12, 2016

OUGD602 / PPP / Professional Practices

York Launch

My professional practice for York St John University is an example of external engagement with an institution – the project was especially relevant to position statement.

York ISBN

The project required the need for commercial attributes such as ISBN and the issuing of copyright.

Intern Kill Fee

An experience as a professional practitioner,  the relationship with Intern Magazine was an example of a kill fee – a payment in order to cease and credit work up to the point

Interviewing LAW, MUSHPIT

Interviewing style press mags LAW and MUSHPIT exemplifies my external engagement with relevant businesses. Both magazine reflect the work I intend to do post graduation.

Tank Magazine

A recent interview with TANK magazine reflects my enthusiasm for style orientated printed publications. Responding to a call for interns, I sent a PDF portfolio of recent work alongside a covering letter, my enquiry was met with a response and an interview was organized. Arriving on time (ofcourse) the interview was an informal discussion about my own practice, my intent as a designer as well as TANK’s working environment and the projects that partake in on a daily basis.

The interview itself was an opportunity to network with my desired industry as well as posing the question of post graduate study or work to the creative director to benefit my own decision making – she believed a post graduate study would be of benefit if I was to be a teacher or can afford the luxury. Reiterating several opinions I had previously received, this advice concluded to more productive than the interview.


Although I was offered the placement at TANK Magazine, the offer of 6 weeks unpaid with expenses echoes a discussion I made in the article for Intern Magazine, as a northern student I am a disadvantage in regards to entering the creative industry’s capital and the ability to intern within the city without it being incredibly expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment