Wednesday, April 22, 2015

OUGD505 / Studio Brief 01 / Research / VISUAL SELF-HELP VOL-1: HOW TO BE FUN - Rory DCS

How to be FUN



'Having spent the past eight years as a university lecturer, I found that teaching materials, self-helps and academic writings were filled with lots of aesthetically unpleasant books and often lacked a sense of humour. Visual Self-Help is an attempt to rectify that using (I hope) nice photos and (again, I hope) laugh out loud statements.'



The minimal approach to text and focus on imagery drew me to the project by Rory DCS; A lecturer at CSM. The direction and styling by Rory captures the intersection between ruggedness and luxury; an intersection that creates aesthetically pleasing images and emphasises a focus on fashion.

This weighting towards photography as a primary means of communicating a social, ethical or political message is a rarity; a rarity I would like to complete myself.

Visual self - help = A technique I had not considered previously.

No comments:

Post a Comment