Friday, January 2, 2015

OUGD504 Studio Brief 04 - Development


A mock up of the installation, a QR code is projected over the name, I could include a short description of the website here. 
Digital representation of the imagery used in the projection.

Using the Layar App, I created a representation of what my DPS would appear like.
The original sketch of a DPS imitating the webpage.

Taking a photograph with the app links the image to the option to play a video via youtube.

The Youtube video opens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f_Rvs0LcPM&list=UU6EP6DqVIGyZprlg_ESGS-w

Playing the video that imitates the browsing of the web page.

Playing the video that imitates the browsing of the web page.


Mock up of the simple QR code in a frame.
A somewhat merging of the two ideas above:



A poster with the inclusion of a frame, black on white as my brand blue is not print safe. I do feel like any colour on the poster will detract from the interactive gallery, hence the simplicity of the poster, the focus is on the interactive gallery, not the poster. I have included the brand standard icons from Layar to inform a user on the method of how to interact.

The icons all members are able to download to inform an audience how to interact.

When taken a picture of with Layar, a slideshow appears showing several examples of work that is to be appear on the website. The CURATE. logo located at the bottom would be a link to the website, I am unable to do that here as that requires a Pro account at a cost.




COMMERCIAL CONSIDERATION:

I am to consider copyright properties when using other designers work, I am able to blog them with links to respective owners however all printed material will require consent. I would contact the artist before placing one of these stickers over their work, in a magazine context with a pre-sticked sticker, the magazine publisher would be aware. In a gallery/ exhibition context I would be best to place a sticker around/ near the work in case of damage as well as getting consent from the gallery.

Mock up of the QR code printed over featured works, this option creates the most interesting results.

I have created my own QR code, as I have not created an actual website for the project, the code links to my blogger.
The QR here is shown in #0000ff, however this is not a print safe colour so I have to show the QR code in the two other colours seen in my branding; Black or White.

Developing my idea of printing a QR code over examples that will be found on the website arose a series of problems.
Because of the image behind the code, my QR scanner could not pick up the code.

I attempted a white fill with a black stroke, the scanner could not pick this up either.

I attempted a black fill, the scanner could not pick this up either. Due to attempting this idea with all the colours available to me and not succeeding, I have had to develop this idea with another from my initial ideas.

Creating a sticker with the QR code that can be placed on/near or around artworks. I am happy with not including any more detail here as I believe the term 'Curated.' is somewhat self explanatory in the context of being over a piece of work as well as creating questioning I believe my target audience will respond to.

An example of the sticker, I am slightly cautious of the size here 7cm x 5cm. I am to make the sticker smaller.

PRODUCTION CONSIDERATION:

In a magazine context where the sticker would be placed over a work, I desire it to be removable so not to detract from the work, using a satin finish of any work that the sticker is be placed over is desirable as to not leave a mark or any damage when the sticker is removed.

This is a finer example, the sticker does not detract from the image, 

I believe the placing of any sticker to be random, no modernist principles of Left/ Right, centred, 90' are to be used as this is contrary to my content, contemporary G.D.
2/3 of my responses as of yet have included some form of digital interaction, I believe anymore digital interactions would isolate my brand and we would lose the audience that didn't want to participate in such interactions,  (the over - exposure  I mentioned in Study Task 12). To capture this audience of app-less phone users, I believe creating an analogue advertisement to be placed in my desired print locations ( Study Task 10) will compensate for this. Advertisements in Design/ Art and Culture magazines hit my prime target audience. I am to research interactive analogue advertisements:

Imitating a workout as the page opens/ closes relates to the products Adidas sell. How motivational this is in relation to buying their products is questionable however the exposure for the advert itself would be beneficial.

A tree.

A tree stump. Imitating the growing problem of deforestation by printing the tree over 2 pages so a user would imitate the act implies the user can do something to help stop this process.

Out of desired context.

In context. The suntan oil company is helping to creating the demand for their own product here; 'Embrace the sun' can be translated to 'Buy more'.

A minimal DPS creating a playground for a miniature mini, conveying all the fun you could have if you only owned a mini of course. 

A screen shot of the interactive ad I featured in my initial research, the inflatable air bag ad for Peugeot.


From my initial ideas, creating a transparent layer that can only been seen when viewed over the image behind.
The text I am going to include on the opaque stock, this will identify work that has been featured on the web page, this will also create links with popular publications; growing and enhancing the brand perception. Again avoiding colour to not detract from the image sitting behind, in fact becoming some what lost in the image behind may be beneficial if a reader is surprised by the invisible page, drawing more attention to the call to action




No comments:

Post a Comment