Sunday, December 21, 2014

OUGD504 Studio Brief 04 - Study Task 11 - Rationale



Draft notes:

Rationale - Studio Brief 4 - Augmented design - 3/12/14

Currently not started on development of brief


Purpose/ Reason: To promote and attract traffic to my website.

Audience: 18 - x Creative students and professionals

Message: Promoting and showcasing visual rebellion in Graphic Design. Embracing rebellion and rejecting modernist principles. Creating links with professionals through links and showcasing their works.

Tone Of Voice: Informal, non- derogative, Objective not subjective.

Format:?

Materials:?

Budget:?

Placement/ Distribution: In universites, creative atmospheres, Social Media interaction. Design related publications.

Must do’s: All promotional material must communicate visual rebellion. 

Must not: Contradict the content of the website with design.


Time frame: 5 weeks until module deadline. 3/11/14


Rationale written:

The purpose of creating a print based, augmented design advertisement is to promote and attract traffic to my website. A website focused on showcasing and promoting designers of ‘visual rebellion’ in Graphic Design, embracing rebellion and rejecting modernist principles. 

The target audience of the website is fairly wide; creatives, both professional and student. To communicate best to this target market, I believe the best placement and distribution of advertisements would be in creative atmospheres, such as universities, events, shops and design related publications. The tone of voice this audience will best respond to is, I believe, an informal, non- derogative, objective manner; denying any hierarchy within the design community.

I must create all artwork for the advertisement in the theme of the website itself; visual rebellion. If I do not do this, all legitimacy is lost. 

I must not come across as an attempt to state selected examples as the ‘best of’ etc, this is a curation of visual rebellion, I am being objective as in, only featuring the work, not giving my own opinion to works.

In relation to format, material and budget, I am unsure as of any of these yet I am in the very early stages of the brief. As of yet I cannot see any clear distinction of these choices that directly relates to my website; for example: a website about beer could use the format of related items such as beer mats, glasses and any other pub related items.


No comments:

Post a Comment