Thursday, January 23, 2014

OUGD405 - Design Process - Communicate




A selection of Branding materials to inform an audience on the variants of coffee. I will do this by creating a range of responses that will communicate clear and easily understood info graphics.

A continuation from the last brief, my problem I concluded from my initial research was the knowledge and confusion about the ingredients of coffee and its variants.








This was my response to the previous brief, a booklet identifying coffee variants. For this brief I wanted to expand the brand 'The Coffee Guide'.

The previous post includes all research and developmental work but needs to be there to justify the above design so this post will seem to lack content.

To expand the brand, I created several real life examples of the logo etc in context as well as menu:

Signage created using techniques learnt in the photo frame brief.


A collection of my screen printed menus. Originally designed to be folded to create an A5 booklet.
The unfolded menu seems functional as well as irregular; adding to the charisma of my Coffee shop.

I have printed on a off white paper bought from LCA library. It has a medium thickness to it and is suitable to be used as a free standing menu. I can imagine this menu working in a regular menu holder found in restaurnts.

The off white colour does compliment the black and reduce contrast.




A collection of my prints did have some printing errors.

However these errors do show aspects of the process which can be appreciated.

Some grey areas create an aged rustic look.


No comments:

Post a Comment